According to this video post, according to the Wall St Journal, just 20% of people can wiggle their ears (the results of our poll on ear wiggling are a little different). Well this guy can do it, and he is proud of it too.
THESE COMMENTS ARE IN RESPONSE TO THE POLL ABOUT CAN YOU WIGGLE YOUR EARS?
- i can independently wiggle either of my ears, no problem. i can raise one eyebrow while lowering the other with either side, but raising the left is a bit harder.
- We should start a support group of some kind. Or an elitist group. Yea we should look down upon the non-wigglers.
- I can wiggle each ear independently of the other on command (and with great control) or I can wiggle them together.
- I wiggle my ears without moving my eyebrows. I can also move my hairline. I learned by smiling in front of my mirror in my room when I was a kid.
- i have a fetish for wiggling ears.
- I can wiggle my ears but I have a problem. I have recently learned how to wiggle them independently of one another. Since I am such I sexy kid, I wanted to see how I looked wiggling my ears. My ears stick out so that’s good. I can wiggle my left one perfectly no mistakes. But to wiggle my right one I always raise my right eyebrow. Can anybody help me? I always practice at school but I can’t figure it out.
- I can wiggle my ears simultaneously or independently. I know this kid at my school who is always wiggling his ears when he isn’t talking. But when he wiggles his ear, he has to raise his right eyebrow to make them go up. He can make them move independently now. Also when he wiggles them, his scalp just like dances around like crazy. It’s fun to watch.
- Ear-wiggling solely relies on training the appropriate muscles, so in theory anyone could move their ears, once they figure out to work those muscles. Ear-wiggling has nothing to do with genetics (unlike being able to tongue-rolling).
- I am the king of ear wiggling! (Got that going for me!) I can do one at a time and I can do it without scalp movement. I also happen to be doing research for a novel about other unusual movement of body parts. Don’t know if you can help – do you know of any other body parts some people can move but others can not?
- How many different ways to move ears are possible? I’ve only met two other people who can do it, but I wiggle mine up and down, one of them wiggles his backwards, and the other wiggles his sort of diagonally up and back.
- My 6 year old son just discovered he could wiggle his ears …I think it is so cool, but why can he do it and my other 2 kids can’t?????? I do wonder if it is something to do with ear infections, he has had his share…..and tubes too. Just curious.
- I am the only one can wiggle my ears in my whole family. I wondor why is that? I don’t know anyone else who can do it. I want to meet people who can wiggle thier ears too.
- I can wiggle ears independently. I asked everyone in my school who could wiggle their ears and only 2 could wiggle them independently not including me.
- I can wiggle my ears at the same time or separately. I can only move them up and down not across.
- How many can wiggle their ears independently of each other?
- My Honey thinks it’s cute when I wiggle my ears!
- I started wiggling my ear then my nose then both together then all three….ears, nose, and eyebrows
- My hairline moves too
- My ears are crooked.
- Why can some wiggle their ears and others cant- I can but my kids cannot.
- My twin and me can wiggle our ears independently
- Je peux bouger mes deux oreilles et la gauche independamment de la droite (I can move my two ears and the left independent of the right-hand side)
- I can wiggle my ears simultaneously or separately as can my son and my daughter. I can’t help but wonder if it is hereditary?
- This is a question for everyone who said yes on the poll. Is it easier to wiggle your ears after you have gotten a haircut? That’s how it is for me. I think that your scalp just gets a little lighter.
- My son can wiggle his ears very well. He got really big ones from me. If ear wiggling is hereditary then how come my son is a wiggler but I am not?
- I can wiggle my ears back and forwards. I have never met anyone else who can do this. Pleased I’m not a freak!!!!
- I can move my right ear, but you guys need to find something better to do with your time then talk about it online.
- I can wiggle my ears but my whole family can’t.
I took a poll at church; asked everyone who could wiggle ears to raise hand, about 1/3 did; most interesting a guy, his sister, and her daughter all raised their hands.
THESE COMMENTS ARE IN RESPONSE TO THE POLL ABOUT Can You Wiggle Your Nose?
The results of this poll indicate that there are quite a few very talented people out there.
- I can wiggle my nose and also flare my nostrils together. My wife and kids get a kick out of it.
- I can wiggle it and have done it all of my life unconciously when I am nervous. It is a real curse because I look like an idiot.
- I know someone that can wiggle their nose but their scalp sort of wiggles too! It’s hilarious.
- Hello, i can wiggle my nose, my mother can and my untie (my mothers sister). Is it normal? Everyone laughs at it, its fun to have espeacially if theres no conversation, i just wiggle my nose and people start laughing, lol. I wanna meet someone else tht can do it, do u know anyone?Why can some people do it and some can’t? cse i never practiced? i have been able to do it since for ever. I wish i could make money out of wiggeling me nose, you got any ideas?
It takes great muscle control to move only you ears without moving anything else. Apparently it is a vestige of primate ears that turned towards sound. Are you one of the minority that have this ability?