Here are more comments from some of the voters to the toe length poll.
- LOL a toe is a toe, we’re all different, just like some people have bigger heads then others …
- Regarding toe lengths, they’re like height and weight …everyone is different. I have long 2nd and 3rd toes and I like them but it does make shoe fitting a problem at times. Therefore, I live in Florida and can get away with open-toed shoes (including high heels) all year round!
- My mom is a 1/4 WASP and has indian feet which makes her run through forest really fast, but her second toe too is LONGER then her big toe!!! Her dad says she must be a princess!
- I have a longer second toe on both feet I call them my longevity toes I never get sick if I do its day and I don’t miss work. My wife shorter second toes always sick oldest child longer second toe never sick second child shorter toe always sick third child shorter second toe always sick and finally the fourth longer second toe never sick . I have ten employees my manager has longer second toes I found this out after she worked for me for a year and a half and never was sick our missed work two other employees were always sick and guess what yes shorter second toes they are no longer working for me. I will not hire another person with shorter second toes. My observation has been that if you have a longer second toe you tend to have the ability to resisted colds and other viruses then someone with a shorter second toe. Take it for what its worth maybe the second toe being longer is a genetic gauge of health.
- My second toe is larger than my big toe, but my third toe is larger than them both! My theory is that because my talus is connected to my tarsals, which are then connected to my metatarsals, and then on to my phalanges it is a problem linked to how you walk. If you put pressure on your subtalal joint then your foot transfers the pressure to your calcaneus. Then forcing the Sural nerve closer to the ground. The reduction in gravitational pull makes your medial plantar nerve have an acute sudden spasm of pain (pang) and causes the flexor dictorium brevis muscle to contract and put pressure on your lateral plantar artery and this causes your second toe to be pushed slightly forward, and as the pressure builds through the artery over time your third toe is also substantially longer. But this is only based on my vast knowledge of the human foot, no big deal!
- I’ve been laughing about this since I started reading. I think feet are attractive. My toes are I think they’re normal. They’re thin, full nailed, big toe is biggest and small toe is smallest. Does normal feet mean I’m normal?
- Well I have both Irish and Scottish in me as well as Old English (which would be Saxon) and I have the typical Celtic toe! I also have reddish brown hair and green eyes! Yup my big toe is the same length as my second toe on both feet and I also have the raised area below the big toe too. I have Celtic feet but they’re not big though – I’m 27 next week and I’m a tiny size 3! I think we’re getting a little too precious about the dirty word evolution as if somehow people who have Saxon feet are more evolved than those of us who were hunter gatherers. If we view it from the perspective of evolution in response to environment as opposed to human intelligence/refinement I think we can all be a bit
more relaxed!! I agree it will have something to do with evolution (thus influencing genetics) but this is in response to living environment not to racial advancement as some people on this board might be worrying! Besides I have an IQ of 146 and I’m apparently a Celt so I can’t be that backward can I?! XX
- Bigger second toe means a bigger brain. My big head proves it.
- Do I have an illness or is this normal? This is a very interesting topic …becuz I have the same problem in a way. My pinky toe is longer then my big toe …on one foot. And on my other foot my middle toe is three inches longer then my big toe …I have gone to a doctor and they really haven’t found out why it is still growing … I dunno if there is anything u know or heard about this problem!
- I’ve read of a psychiatrist who noticed that a high proportion of his patients who had a condition called Histadelia also had a second toe longer than their first one.
- What’s with longer third toes? My friend has a longer third toe is she special or just freakish?
- I heard that it was called a peasant’s toe but who really knows
- when my daughter was born the first thing i noticed about her besides her fair skin were her feet. her third toes on both feet are the longest toes she has. it’s funny but i never much noticed anyone’s toes until i saw this third longest toe phenomenon on her foot. now i’ll walk around with my head down for the rest of my life trying to find toes that are just like my daughter’s toes, and then i’m going to ask that person to join a club dedicated to people with long third toes so my baby will never feel odd about her unique toes. and i’ll continue this until there are a million people in my little girl’s toe club.
- The second toe being longer than the first toe is the result of a dominant gene – it doesn’t mean that you are smarter, more dominant or your ancestors came from any particular country and especially you’re not royalty or freaks! Just like brown eyes are a dominant gene, longer second toes are also a dominant gene.
- On each foot, my big toe is slightly longer than my second toe, but the second metatarsal head is quite a bit forward compared with the first metatarsal head. Also, the second and third metatarsal structurals appear to be connected together so they do not move independently. I still get the rotational callus under the second metatarsal head. Anyone else have this condition?
- I was born and raised on the east coast and never noticed the “toe thing” until I came to California in the 1960’s. It’s something I have been curious about for years. I would be standing in a line somewhere and I noticed people’s feet—specifically the “longer second toe.” I’d never noticed it before and that is what most of the feet had!I always wondered why I had never noticed it back east. I find all of these comments fascinating.
- Without a doubt, the most attractive female foot is comprised of toes of which the second toe protrudes equally as far (or minutely farther) than the big toe, and the remaining three protrude progressively less in measured, curved, proportion. The smallest toe should be straight, (no side-winders, please), and most definitely require a distinct nail of its own. Furthermore, the big toe should not curl upward (except at opportune moments of passion), and the edges of all nail beds should be front-facing and relatively parallel.
Any feet with dominant or monster big toes (a.k.a. The Fred Flintstone) should be relegated to work boots and permanently banned from open-toed shoes or sandals without exceptions. These are the exclusive privilege of Wilma.
- My toes are tapered with each toe graduating to a slightly shorter size starting with the big toe and getting progressively shorter. The second toe on each foot is curved slightly toward the third toe but even if they were perfectly straight, they would still be shorter than the big toe. The small toe on each foot is shorter in proportion to the tapering of each of the preceding toes but it still looks good. Besides, the little toes should be little! To me, this is exactly the way toes should be. I am proud of my toes and have seen very few like them. I have received compliments on them and, as a result, I keep them perfectly clean and pedicured with the nails trimmed very short. They look the best this way and are easier to keep clean with short nails. I go barefooted all the time when possible but take extreme care of them with lotions and pumice stone to keep them soft.
I would hate to have feet which I was ashamed of because I have always had feet I loved so much. I have received favorable comments about them my whole life which gives me the incentive to keep them looking their best and sexiest.
- I’ve finally found people afflicted with the small big toe… which does not insinuate I will be walking around feet naked for all the world to see… my lover accepts my small big toes, why cant I?
- My toes are ugly and long. These are the toes that god gave. How do you accept the toes he gives and not want to change what you have. So when daughter is born is she going to look at her own toes and hate them? Then she’ll look at mine and wonder why she got the messed up toes. When all along I’m going to hide my vanity and tell her toes are beautiful and this is what god gave her.
- My second toe is almost the same length as my pinky finger. Talk about ugly…and genetically I’ve passed it to my children, yuck. I have monkey toes!
- I am an anthropologist. Relative toe length differences are normal human variation. They have nothing to do with “race,” evolution, function
(like farming or riding horses), ethnic heritage, or personality!
- Surely, physically and visually the feet with second toes longer are more beautiful and sexy than the feet with shorter second toes.
- I noticed in Egypt, (when I last sailed down the Nile in my sacred barque) that the pre-Ptolemiac statues of ancient Egyptian deities were all depicted with longer second toes. However, when the Greek Ptolemies came to power, the second toes were depicted as being smaller than the larger toe. Having longer second toes on both feet, I am living proof that I am more intelligent, masterful and generally god-like compared to mere mortals who are challenged in the this little piggy department.
- I think that a man with a dominant big toe that often overlaps the second toe is insecure in a family of girls.
- I have a longer second toe than my big toe and that basically makes me a total weirdo. In fact, all us big second toe people should wear banners declaring our weirdness
- My big to is taller than the others…does that mean I have irregular feet
- I think that the reasons the statistics of this website shows that there are more people with longer 2nd toe is because people who have it Googled it and came upon it- like myself 😀 but I know a lot of people have it. Watching ‘Shallow Hal’ made me second guessing 😀 but I’m selectively attending to being creative and intelligent!
- Well, I’m Greek maybe Irish and a bunch of other stuff. I have a larger second toe and have only known one other person to. I don’t like it because people think you’re a freak, mutant, alien or psychopath. I don’t know why it’s like that. I hate it and maybe only because it’s not accepted in society and I never see it on other people. Howard Stern thinks it’s ugly and so does everyone else. Would a model have it? No. I will have it surgically fixed which is a huge hassle and I think only done by one doctor in the US but even then I think if I ever have kids they’ll have it and might feel all the negativity I’ve felt from others. I do wonder if it is some thing with evolution but it’s not necessarily more primitive.
- For one my toes are long but not ugly my grandma says they’re beautiful but different.
- My big toe and my second toe are the same length on right foot, and the first three are the same length on my left. But they’re all short. Every boyfriend I’ve had has had a longer little toe than my big toe (yes I have a thing for feet).
- The issue of having a longer middle toe has nothing to do with having Egyptian origins because i have Egyptian origins and know a lot of Egyptians and we all have our big toe the longest. So i think its got nothing to do with origins maybe its just gens & some deformities in bones and joints.
- Longer second toes are not abnormal, they are in fact dominant over the shorter second toe. So people with shorter second toes, are actually the ones with technically ‘abnormal’ feet
- I have been studying feet and toes for years and am collating a coffee table photo book of my findings.
- I am so pleased I have found this website. My 2nd toes are much longer than my big toes – it’s worse on one foot than the other. My husband doesn’t mind but I am so self conscious about it, and it’s a nightmare in summer because I can’t wear sandals! It’s comforting to know there are other people with the same problem!
- Having your third toe as the longest is a celt trait. It’s called Celtic foot or Scottish toe. Your foot basically comes to a point in the center.
The typical english foot gradually slopes down from big toe to the pinky who cried wee wee wee all the way home.
- The longer second toe is a indication that that person is a alien hybrid. This is how they are identified. It is passed down though the genetic structure stemming from the original cross breeding.
- I have a belief that the second toe being longer then the INTENDED
bigger toe is, because a genetic sign of incest somewhere in their
chromosomes. I am a biology major I intend to prove this
- My middle toe is actually almost longer than my big toe. In fact, I think it is actually longer. I feel sick every time I look at it. Although when I spread my toes in front of a TV in a dark room, it looks like E.T is here. It’s quite cool. you should see it ;]
- I did not see anyone with the 2nd toe longer on one foot (left) and shorter on the other as my feet have – is this so unusual? Genetics in my family are that we all have shorter fingers than the norm; some more than others but all shorter than average.