Skip to the content
Here are more comments from some of the voters to the toe length poll.
- Me and my friend have been arguing about big second toes and he thinks its weird but his 1st big toe is abnormal it is way to big for his foot but my toe looks like a finger sticking out above the rest of my toes this makes me not want to wear sandals i feel bad and also his big toe makes an imprint when he wears sneakers it literally sticks out like a sore thumb. I want everyone that has a second big toe to know that if you have one like my self that it is ok and we should be proud to be closer to monkey than the rest of people. unlike having a “big” toe we should show our monkey toes more often. Stay strong MONKEY TOED PEOPLE
- Hi! I also have my second toe as my longest, and was wondering about what it meant and what (if there was one) the condition was. Stumbling along through the comments, I came across everything from royalty, to smartness….(although I am a gifted student!) My mom wanted to find out as well….and now I don’t know what to say (heh!) I never really noticed my toes, or cared much…don’t ask me why J! Anyway, Morton’s Toe seems to make sense…Athena’s foot looks interesting too! Some of the comments are really funny…hope I can find out what my toe is trying to tell me!
- My Big toe and 2nd toe are the same length, but I do like the look of the longer second toe. Although I know this longer toe may suffer some afflictions such as corns or calluses, I still find it a unique “toe style”. I had a couple of cool high school friends with Morton’s Toe, and one of them took off his shoe during class and wiggled the toes of his socked foot. I guess the new shoe really bothered his toe because he seemed so relived afterwards.
- Hi fellow toe losers. my second toe on my left foot is 2 inches longer then my big toe… what does this mean??? i’m worried. but on my right foot all of my toes are stubby and fat AND chubby and just about the same exact length as each other. i hate it! my nick name is peetie peetie with the weirdy feetie. it hurts my feelings… and my names not even Pete. i’m a girl!
- Ok, then we heard all about the second toe being the most significant. But how many people have the first toe really longer than all the rest – and what is the meaning of this. My First toe is 3/4″ longer than all the rest, but my hands are normal. When I say big toe, I really mean BIG toe! I would love to hear comments from others who have the same.
- I enjoy looking at feet both men’s and women’s. They are beautiful. I think a longer second toe on a mans foot is quite studly. Hair on his feet is even better. I might be an exception but there is a correlation between size of feet and height. I wear a size 10D shoe/boot on a 5 foot 6 inch frame. It would be nice to be taller and have the bigger feet that comes with it. What about a
correlation between the size of feet and their stink, their smell. Maybe I have a stink complex, but when I shower, I usually don’t wash my feet.
- ummm my 2nd toe is longer than my 1st toe.But my feet are cute….yeah i no weird ooo yeah as for the freak who said people with longer 2nd toes are freaks ummm your mean and i don’t like you personally that’s a stupid immature comment to make. BUT to all of my fellow “Athenas” love your feet. and its Normal there isn’t just one kind of foot
- My 2nd is longer than the big toe. I’m a Taiwanese. Now I’m all curious about finding who has longer 2nd toe. Maybe it’s more common than we thought among all races. If it’s said /3 of population have that, probably just toes are different in length…so why there is a perception we are more bossy, bias.
- Sadly, you poor, poor peasants have it backwards. The shorter second toe is the sign of regal ancestry. That’s why all the women in Italy have longer second toes, and why all the people everywhere — other than us regal types — have longer second toes. I understand there’s a new makeover show on TV next season where unfortunates will go to plastic surgeons to have their second toes shortened.
- I have found something interesting that almost all the beauties have longer second toes, but wait a minute, the difference between a longer second toe and a shorter big toe should be less than 0.5 centimetres, if it’s not so, it would be even “worse”. This is survey based on 1,000+ pictures of beauties around the world(mainly female celebrities with stunning beauty, for example Melissa Theuriau, while Elizabeth Hurley is not in this group), anyone who get interested on this can do some research either and prove my hypothesis.
- I also have a longer second toe on both feet and have heard that you are from royalty, are creative and are a strong smart individual … I am from Italian (and Sicilian) decent so my ancestry may be a mix of many countries which invaded Sicily … I have other traits which I have been told come from being of royal blood. I do know that I am very creative and a pretty strong person … I have heard that my mother had royalty in her family way back. My father had a longer second toe and he was a brilliant man, very creative and very strong. (I certainly am not as smart as my dad). I don’t remember if my mother had a longer second toe but I do know I am the only child that has this trait. All I know is it is great for a toe ring … very sexy!
- I remember watching the ‘Tonight’ programme on BBC T.V. back in the 60s when Cliff Mitchelmore had a piece about long middle toes being something to do
with Celtic origins – I just tell everyone who scoffs at MY feet that I’m a Celtic princess!!!
- In reading the comments, it would appear that many people, regardless of their toe length, do not know how to SPELL! Perhaps it would be better if they apply their minds to improvement of their communication skills as opposed to the length of their toes.
- I was startled to read about all the people made to feel bad about their longer second toes because for me it was the reverse. When I learned to swim, I was the only kid in the class with a shorter second toe. I was teased mercilessly. I had always assumed that my toes were very unusual since the way women’s shoes are tapered (pointy in the middle, not on the side) suggested to me that most women have longer second or third toes. I’m glad that I’m not alone (even if still in the minority, at least according to this survey) although I wish I could find some shoes designed for people with my foot shape. However, let’s stop with the pseudo-evolution discussion. I’m sick of all the comments about people being “more evolved” or “less evolved”: all they prove is that the authors lack a basic education in biology. Evolution has nothing to do with progress or superiority but simply with adaptation of an organism to a specific environment. Within any species, there is a considerable amount of variation in certain traits, and this variation will remain if it does not impact on the ability of organisms to reproduce.
- My big toe (hallux) is about an inch longer than the second, and it is rare that I have seen anyone with this configuration. It’s great for sprinting (and I’m told skiing), but sometimes it is very vulnerable to injury being so far out there. I am interested in knowing/seeing if anyone else has the same large big toe thing going on.
- For me, in this era of flip-flops, the sight of a young athlete with a longer second toe is absolutely adorable!
- Hi I’m Welsh and my second toe is bigger than my big toe. What’s the real history behind it?
- I heard a researcher on a nutritional tape say that having your second toe longer than your big toe was a genetic marker for people who cannot use vitamin B6 at pyridoxine … they have to take a form of B6 called Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate.
I was trying to verify this information.
- I have royalty toe too it gives me delusions of grandeur and makes me
irresistible to women.
- It’s actually called “Second Toe Syndrome” and has only to do with aesthetics. A female foot is generally considered not very attractive when the second toe is longer then the big toe.
- I have a shorter big toe; and I was always told that means that i have the
- My toes are as long as my fingers, I love my long toes, and you know what they say about long feet or toes, your long in other places too
- I believe evolution is a myth, so those comments don’t hold water with me.
I think a longer big toe makes feet more attractive than feet with the second toe longer. I’ve read that having a longer big toe was called “roman toe atavism”. Having a longer second toe was called “greek toe atavism” (like Athena).
- Hi, I have double jointed toes – like most people only have one joint in their toes but I have two. My toes are pretty long and I think that’s why – Is this totally abnormal?
- Hi, I saw somewhere where it said having a longer second toe was a “deformity!” What a laugh. LOTS of people have second toes that are longer than their big toe! I don’t have any problems with my feet. Having a longer second toe is cool.
- I’m checking out this survey with my 7th grade teacher and after a bit of anxiety about it at first, I now see my longer second phalange as an object of beauty.
- longer second toes are far more attractive … than when you have a large big toe and the rest smaller … Attracted to chicks with longer second toe.
- I’m from New Zealand and almost everyone I know has a bigger second toe, so to the person who called the people with longer second toes freaks…. I think that would be a bit rich coming from you, don’t you think???
- This makes for a great game of footsy with your mate=)
- I’m AJ and I have always had I big 2nd toe but the other day I went to a toe doctor or what ever they are called and he said he’s never seen a toe so long. He said if it wasn’t for my age then I should be in surgery straight away. I’m sixteen and my mates think its awesome but should I be worried? Its a surgery where they take a bone out of your toe to shorten it. It curls up like a claw but I just read they comments on your we page and thought I just email you.
- I also have this abnormal small big toe, and won’t expose it. Like in one of the other comments I won’t wear sandals in the summer, it is really annoying, people probably wouldn’t even notice it’s just my own insecurity. I am glad I am not the only one who feels like this, if it helps it actually has a medical name of Mortons Toe. Shilpa Shetty off of Celebrity big brother also has this condition.
- Hey dude, I’m 100% Hungarian, my 2nd toes are longer too and I’m a freak.
So I guess you were right about it. hehe … ohh my God!
- I’m also blessed with the longer second toe; Morton’s Toe. I’ve researched it quite a bit for fun and can tell you that the only prominent statue in the Unites States; the Statue of Liberty, was designed with a longer second toe. The French believe it to be a sign of intelligence. The guy with Egyptian roots should also know that Cleopatra’s statue is depicted with a longer second toe. It is a dominant trait, and may be a sign of power, intelligence, or aristocratic descent. I am directly descended from the Lee and Lightfoot families of Virginia who were and still are very prominent. The name I carry is also the name of mane cities and signed on the United States’ Declaration of Independence. My Father is surely descended from the Celts of Britain, our genealogy states we resided in England, before the Duke of Normandy arrived and the invasion of the Saxons.
- My second toe is longer, so is my husbands and also my 15 year old daughter – she really hates it! Yesterday when she was doing ballet on pointe, she said it was hurting to her ballet teacher, but she said just carry on!
Last night, her whole toenail fell off! It is very sore now…
- Michelangelo’s David has a second toe as the longest. Perfection.
- I too have a longer second toe than my big toe and have been ridiculed all my life about it. I never wore sandals and would never let anyone see my feet. Now that I am older and know that this condition (Morton’s toe) is very very common and I go barefoot all the time!
- I have long toes with the second one being longer than my big toe. My father said it would help me climb trees. The long toes help for picking up things you drop on the floor – a pen, the remote, a kitten.
- The digital ratio for the foot is 2,1,3,4,5 therefore it is completely
normal for the 2nd digit to be longer than the others. So anyone who
with the 2nd digit being longer is actually completely normal!!!
- I have been teased all my life about my toes. My third (middle) toes on both feet are longest, especially the left. I read that only one percent of the population has this trait. I’d like to know what this might say about ethnic ancestry. I know some, but am missing other parts of my heritage. This trait skipped my sons, but has turned up in one of my granddaughters who has feet just like mine: narrow with the long middle toe. Her parents already have had to get her special shoes. BTW, I am left-footed, left-eyed, left-eared, but right-handed; I was “encouraged” to use my right hand in school.
- Both my second and third toes are longer than my big toes. I have always had a lot of stamina and endurance. I think my toes are elegant!
- My second toe is slightly longer on my left foot and a lot longer on my right. I do not know if there is any truth to any of what people say but I will acknowledge that I seem to be the one with the stronger personality in most situations.
- I will never date a girl with long big toes. To me that’s UGLY. I like equal length “big” and secong toes or very slightly longer second toes (like my own).
- Years ago, I was told by a Chinese woman that your father was symbolized by the big toe, mother, second toe, whichever was longer outlived the other.
Here are more comments from some of the voters to the toe length poll.
- LOL a toe is a toe, we’re all different, just like some people have bigger heads then others …
- Regarding toe lengths, they’re like height and weight …everyone is different. I have long 2nd and 3rd toes and I like them but it does make shoe fitting a problem at times. Therefore, I live in Florida and can get away with open-toed shoes (including high heels) all year round!
- My mom is a 1/4 WASP and has indian feet which makes her run through forest really fast, but her second toe too is LONGER then her big toe!!! Her dad says she must be a princess!
- I have a longer second toe on both feet I call them my longevity toes I never get sick if I do its day and I don’t miss work. My wife shorter second toes always sick oldest child longer second toe never sick second child shorter toe always sick third child shorter second toe always sick and finally the fourth longer second toe never sick . I have ten employees my manager has longer second toes I found this out after she worked for me for a year and a half and never was sick our missed work two other employees were always sick and guess what yes shorter second toes they are no longer working for me. I will not hire another person with shorter second toes. My observation has been that if you have a longer second toe you tend to have the ability to resisted colds and other viruses then someone with a shorter second toe. Take it for what its worth maybe the second toe being longer is a genetic gauge of health.
- My second toe is larger than my big toe, but my third toe is larger than them both! My theory is that because my talus is connected to my tarsals, which are then connected to my metatarsals, and then on to my phalanges it is a problem linked to how you walk. If you put pressure on your subtalal joint then your foot transfers the pressure to your calcaneus. Then forcing the Sural nerve closer to the ground. The reduction in gravitational pull makes your medial plantar nerve have an acute sudden spasm of pain (pang) and causes the flexor dictorium brevis muscle to contract and put pressure on your lateral plantar artery and this causes your second toe to be pushed slightly forward, and as the pressure builds through the artery over time your third toe is also substantially longer. But this is only based on my vast knowledge of the human foot, no big deal!
- I’ve been laughing about this since I started reading. I think feet are attractive. My toes are I think they’re normal. They’re thin, full nailed, big toe is biggest and small toe is smallest. Does normal feet mean I’m normal?
- Well I have both Irish and Scottish in me as well as Old English (which would be Saxon) and I have the typical Celtic toe! I also have reddish brown hair and green eyes! Yup my big toe is the same length as my second toe on both feet and I also have the raised area below the big toe too. I have Celtic feet but they’re not big though – I’m 27 next week and I’m a tiny size 3! I think we’re getting a little too precious about the dirty word evolution as if somehow people who have Saxon feet are more evolved than those of us who were hunter gatherers. If we view it from the perspective of evolution in response to environment as opposed to human intelligence/refinement I think we can all be a bit
more relaxed!! I agree it will have something to do with evolution (thus influencing genetics) but this is in response to living environment not to racial advancement as some people on this board might be worrying! Besides I have an IQ of 146 and I’m apparently a Celt so I can’t be that backward can I?! XX
- Bigger second toe means a bigger brain. My big head proves it.
- Do I have an illness or is this normal? This is a very interesting topic …becuz I have the same problem in a way. My pinky toe is longer then my big toe …on one foot. And on my other foot my middle toe is three inches longer then my big toe …I have gone to a doctor and they really haven’t found out why it is still growing … I dunno if there is anything u know or heard about this problem!
- I’ve read of a psychiatrist who noticed that a high proportion of his patients who had a condition called Histadelia also had a second toe longer than their first one.
- What’s with longer third toes? My friend has a longer third toe is she special or just freakish?
- I heard that it was called a peasant’s toe but who really knows
- when my daughter was born the first thing i noticed about her besides her fair skin were her feet. her third toes on both feet are the longest toes she has. it’s funny but i never much noticed anyone’s toes until i saw this third longest toe phenomenon on her foot. now i’ll walk around with my head down for the rest of my life trying to find toes that are just like my daughter’s toes, and then i’m going to ask that person to join a club dedicated to people with long third toes so my baby will never feel odd about her unique toes. and i’ll continue this until there are a million people in my little girl’s toe club.
- The second toe being longer than the first toe is the result of a dominant gene – it doesn’t mean that you are smarter, more dominant or your ancestors came from any particular country and especially you’re not royalty or freaks! Just like brown eyes are a dominant gene, longer second toes are also a dominant gene.
- On each foot, my big toe is slightly longer than my second toe, but the second metatarsal head is quite a bit forward compared with the first metatarsal head. Also, the second and third metatarsal structurals appear to be connected together so they do not move independently. I still get the rotational callus under the second metatarsal head. Anyone else have this condition?
- I was born and raised on the east coast and never noticed the “toe thing” until I came to California in the 1960’s. It’s something I have been curious about for years. I would be standing in a line somewhere and I noticed people’s feet—specifically the “longer second toe.” I’d never noticed it before and that is what most of the feet had!I always wondered why I had never noticed it back east. I find all of these comments fascinating.
- Without a doubt, the most attractive female foot is comprised of toes of which the second toe protrudes equally as far (or minutely farther) than the big toe, and the remaining three protrude progressively less in measured, curved, proportion. The smallest toe should be straight, (no side-winders, please), and most definitely require a distinct nail of its own. Furthermore, the big toe should not curl upward (except at opportune moments of passion), and the edges of all nail beds should be front-facing and relatively parallel.
Any feet with dominant or monster big toes (a.k.a. The Fred Flintstone) should be relegated to work boots and permanently banned from open-toed shoes or sandals without exceptions. These are the exclusive privilege of Wilma.
- My toes are tapered with each toe graduating to a slightly shorter size starting with the big toe and getting progressively shorter. The second toe on each foot is curved slightly toward the third toe but even if they were perfectly straight, they would still be shorter than the big toe. The small toe on each foot is shorter in proportion to the tapering of each of the preceding toes but it still looks good. Besides, the little toes should be little! To me, this is exactly the way toes should be. I am proud of my toes and have seen very few like them. I have received compliments on them and, as a result, I keep them perfectly clean and pedicured with the nails trimmed very short. They look the best this way and are easier to keep clean with short nails. I go barefooted all the time when possible but take extreme care of them with lotions and pumice stone to keep them soft.
I would hate to have feet which I was ashamed of because I have always had feet I loved so much. I have received favorable comments about them my whole life which gives me the incentive to keep them looking their best and sexiest.
- I’ve finally found people afflicted with the small big toe… which does not insinuate I will be walking around feet naked for all the world to see… my lover accepts my small big toes, why cant I?
- My toes are ugly and long. These are the toes that god gave. How do you accept the toes he gives and not want to change what you have. So when daughter is born is she going to look at her own toes and hate them? Then she’ll look at mine and wonder why she got the messed up toes. When all along I’m going to hide my vanity and tell her toes are beautiful and this is what god gave her.
- My second toe is almost the same length as my pinky finger. Talk about ugly…and genetically I’ve passed it to my children, yuck. I have monkey toes!
- I am an anthropologist. Relative toe length differences are normal human variation. They have nothing to do with “race,” evolution, function
(like farming or riding horses), ethnic heritage, or personality!
- Surely, physically and visually the feet with second toes longer are more beautiful and sexy than the feet with shorter second toes.
- I noticed in Egypt, (when I last sailed down the Nile in my sacred barque) that the pre-Ptolemiac statues of ancient Egyptian deities were all depicted with longer second toes. However, when the Greek Ptolemies came to power, the second toes were depicted as being smaller than the larger toe. Having longer second toes on both feet, I am living proof that I am more intelligent, masterful and generally god-like compared to mere mortals who are challenged in the this little piggy department.
- I think that a man with a dominant big toe that often overlaps the second toe is insecure in a family of girls.
- I have a longer second toe than my big toe and that basically makes me a total weirdo. In fact, all us big second toe people should wear banners declaring our weirdness
- My big to is taller than the others…does that mean I have irregular feet
- I think that the reasons the statistics of this website shows that there are more people with longer 2nd toe is because people who have it Googled it and came upon it- like myself 😀 but I know a lot of people have it. Watching ‘Shallow Hal’ made me second guessing 😀 but I’m selectively attending to being creative and intelligent!
- Well, I’m Greek maybe Irish and a bunch of other stuff. I have a larger second toe and have only known one other person to. I don’t like it because people think you’re a freak, mutant, alien or psychopath. I don’t know why it’s like that. I hate it and maybe only because it’s not accepted in society and I never see it on other people. Howard Stern thinks it’s ugly and so does everyone else. Would a model have it? No. I will have it surgically fixed which is a huge hassle and I think only done by one doctor in the US but even then I think if I ever have kids they’ll have it and might feel all the negativity I’ve felt from others. I do wonder if it is some thing with evolution but it’s not necessarily more primitive.
- For one my toes are long but not ugly my grandma says they’re beautiful but different.
- My big toe and my second toe are the same length on right foot, and the first three are the same length on my left. But they’re all short. Every boyfriend I’ve had has had a longer little toe than my big toe (yes I have a thing for feet).
- The issue of having a longer middle toe has nothing to do with having Egyptian origins because i have Egyptian origins and know a lot of Egyptians and we all have our big toe the longest. So i think its got nothing to do with origins maybe its just gens & some deformities in bones and joints.
- Longer second toes are not abnormal, they are in fact dominant over the shorter second toe. So people with shorter second toes, are actually the ones with technically ‘abnormal’ feet
- I have been studying feet and toes for years and am collating a coffee table photo book of my findings.
- I am so pleased I have found this website. My 2nd toes are much longer than my big toes – it’s worse on one foot than the other. My husband doesn’t mind but I am so self conscious about it, and it’s a nightmare in summer because I can’t wear sandals! It’s comforting to know there are other people with the same problem!
- Having your third toe as the longest is a celt trait. It’s called Celtic foot or Scottish toe. Your foot basically comes to a point in the center.
The typical english foot gradually slopes down from big toe to the pinky who cried wee wee wee all the way home.
- The longer second toe is a indication that that person is a alien hybrid. This is how they are identified. It is passed down though the genetic structure stemming from the original cross breeding.
- I have a belief that the second toe being longer then the INTENDED
bigger toe is, because a genetic sign of incest somewhere in their
chromosomes. I am a biology major I intend to prove this
- My middle toe is actually almost longer than my big toe. In fact, I think it is actually longer. I feel sick every time I look at it. Although when I spread my toes in front of a TV in a dark room, it looks like E.T is here. It’s quite cool. you should see it ;]
- I did not see anyone with the 2nd toe longer on one foot (left) and shorter on the other as my feet have – is this so unusual? Genetics in my family are that we all have shorter fingers than the norm; some more than others but all shorter than average.