The results of the poll about Toe Sizes are quite surprising (The Big Toe is not always so big afterall), but what is absolutely outstanding is the amount of interest in this topic and the number of comments we have received. The latest comments are on the poll page, and you can also browse through these pages below to read them all.
Here are some photographs of both normal (what is normal?) and unusual toes – short, long, bent … Some of these were sent to me, others I have just had copies for a while. Sorry if they are your toes and you don’t want them shown to the world. If you have some toes that you would like to show off, I would love to feature them on this site too.
Here are more comments from some of the voters to the toe length poll.
- my first 3 toes on each foot are equal length followed by 2 short ones, at least 1.5 cm shorter than the others, im an aussie, and have been been told this may be an aboriginal trait, im blonde and blue eyed though, any thoughts? (from toes, Aug 2011)
- Jimmy Say; If second toe longer, is first to suffer when little boy ride bike with no shoes.
- I love BIG TOES. I wish I could find a woman with very very big TOES id be so loyal and true to her I love a woman who is proud of having BIG TOES who always wears open shoes flip flops to show off her big sexy TOES I Love that in a woman and a
nice pedicure on those TOES BIG TOES are beautiful (from Mike Barooshian, Jan 2012)
- On my left foot my second and thrid foot are the same lenght and both bigger than my big toe but on my right foot my second and third toe are about 1 inch apart and still both longer than my big toe.
- my friends pinky toe is actually his fourth toe its gross.
- All 3 of my first toes on Both feet are the same length, heh I don’t really mind I think people notice more than I do. It just sucks having square feet. Don’t feel strange, it’s Great to be different.
- my second toe on my on both feet are as long as my grandma’s finger.
- 2nd toe longer is best looking foot of all!
- I have a Morton’s toe, but overall fairly pretty feet. I’m a size 9 women’s, 7 men’s, US sizes. I found that my big feet made me very stable jogging in the stony creek bed. My feet were pretty enough for a shoe fetishist to buy strappy sandals and place them on my Morton toed feet :). I got wide feet from my father and (flexible) flat feet from my mother (they look perfect until place weight ont hem, so I do well in nicely supported Nikes, do horribly in New Balance).
- My 2nd toe is only 1 inch if that to my big toe, its short and stumpy. If there is anyone out there with this or know how to fix it …if it can be fixed? I hate having to wear socks all the time because there is no way anyone will see my feet, im embarrased and ashamed and would give anything to feel normal in that sense.
- I like to think that my big toe is shorter not that the second is bigger as the big toe is the one slightly deformed. In my family, it seems to affect males and is seen in a direct line through my grandfather who is English. Not many males in my family have it and no females do.
- Society is mediated through discourse on what is normal vs abnormal.If the lines are blurred on issues such as knowledge and the body, then the bigger picture also gets misconstrued.It is a method of control dating way back. However,everyones body varies across the planet,and now that we are being brought together through moderization-we will begin to see MANY MORE exceptions to the NORMS in society.(Not only concerning toes!).
- Omg! I have a longer 2nd toe too! I am related to older timed English royalty but thats how they used to decide who was king! 🙂 I thought it was pretty uncommon but it seems like alot of people have it ! 🙂
- In my father’s family and beyond, certain members were blessed or cursed with “McMenamin big toe” syndrome. The advantages: Was probably a hunter as opposed to a gatherer in pre-historic times; did not need a runner’s block. Disadvantages: Need to wear wide, bigger size shoe (hard to find in fashionable footware. Ex-husband remarked more than once “it’like another foot.
When I was born was easy to see I have 5 toes.
- My second toe is longer – it’s called a Queen’s toe for females dominant head of house check your genealogy ladies
- I think longer big toes look freakish. The second toe being the same length, or slightly longer, looks rhythmic.
- My 2nd and 3rd toes are longer than my big toe and veer to the right while the last 2 toes veer left..very ugly, want surgery but am afraid 🙁
- Don’t Have surgery on it! While the first toe being the longest is the most average, there are tons of people with a longer second toe! If you have a longer big toe it’s called an Egyptian foot—longer second toe is called a Greek foot—and when the two are the same length it’s called a Peasant foot. I have an Egyptian foot but my sister has a Greek foot and that’s totally normal!
- The big toe on my right foot is much fatter than the big toe on my left foot ( not longer, just fatter) How funny is that? Plus I’ve got something wrong with my baby toe on my left foot. When I try to hold it out away from my foot it flexes back instantly; for some reason the muscle won’t hold it there. Whereas on my right foot my baby toe’s perfectly normal; I can hold that out away from my foot without it flexing back. The toe flexing back thing is quite freaky to watch.
- My big toe is located where my pinky toe should be. Its also triple the size of a normal one. The rest of them are perfect though!!!!!!!!
- my second and third toe are longer than my big toe…and i feel shy to show them..i have never wore sandals or sleepers just to hide them from people i think they will make fun of my feet..what to do..it really becomes depressing sometimes..as i think that a guy will never like me if he will see my feet..:(
- I am Egyptian , I have the first and the second are the same lenght , but I love the long second toe extremely , Without my opinion , I am interested in observing the toes of the beautiful people , Then I discovered after observing feet of more than 100 beautiful man and woman in Egypt – in Egypt only – about 75% of them have long second toe , I have become conviction that there a relationship between the second long toes and the beautiful faces , I still observe and I want you to observe feet of the beautiful people that you see
- I hate peep toe shoes because of this…
- observe ancient Greek statues and there toes.. the rest is easy to find..
- Big toe is largest
- 3rd toe bigger(thicker than) 2nd toe and wont straighten?
- my toes are the oddest, all my toes except the big on are the same size as my pinky toe.
- i have a REALLY big toe that is 1 cm bigger that my second toe is this normal? i have my toes because everyone stares at them and sometimes they go purple please help me!!!
- How u cope with ur toe issue
- For many yrs I felt I was a freak…..fearing to show my feet still I wear socks I don’t even go barefoot infront of family or friemds most don’t even know that I have freak feet…. I fear that my friends may laugh say shit….. I’m no stranger of being bullied but it was to much for me to cope with & that l’m also xxy47 so dealing with my bs I curl up an say f¤¤¤ the world i’m a guy with a wierd body an I have wierd feet…. But this website has helped alot I know now i’m not alone but its still alot to cope with…… I just want to be normal…… But I.guess no
- Yeah my big toe is a inch longer that the rest of my toes for a long long time I felt like a outside I feared to wear sandals or even walk barefoot…. I was bullied by others still i’m a sock ppl I’ll
- Mine is EXACTLY the same on both feet!! Im real sensative about the subject and only close family and friends know about it 🙁
- I wonder am i the only person that the LAST TWO toes on each foot are the same length…i hate to see errbdy wear sandals and go swimming while i just sit and watch…i hope to have plastic surgery SOON so i can enjoy life :(( SUM1 PLEASE HELP ME
- My 1st toe is bigger than my second…my second is bigger than my third…well it goes at like a perfect angle haha…but like my whole family has the bigger second toe…hmm
- not counting my first toe, the predominant feature of my family is, a larger second toe, and something else.. There is, within my family, this strange hand trait, of Nordic origin, a certain spasm, pecucliar to my family, in the palm.. where the very fibres of our sword hand, stand out. Dupuytrens, as it is known, makes us related.. If you have this, then this make you my brother. Up helly aa.. you are vikingr, of my blood.. my mothers.. and to generations before. And to Malbork, where you will find a blade, of best iron, few can hold except me and you… That strange piece of iron is of me and you. and I will bet my last money, you work in, metal or sea, and that your sense of right and wrong, makes no sense to people around you. It’s our blood! This thing of Vikingr..rape, pillage and blood, is not us, is it? You rise to anger in a hearbeat, yet try to find a good outcome. We are not like other men, or of the others, we are but, peacemakers. We do everything within us, to seek a better way than war. But, if it be War! Then let the gates be opened, for we shall send many, over the Asgard bridge, let AEsir judge. In the old books, it is written, when man has forgotten the old ways; given up his name and meaning, when he should have listented to heart, not those around him. This, is my land.. and for it, and for my generations, I stand here, defending… Am just a poor man, behind me stand, rows upon rows of me. I am just a man! Open the gates! Let them in.. Know this, my brother
- Actually my big toe is placed farther forward, just slightly, and it’s still longer than my second toe.
- my friend has the the third toe longer than the rest of the toes and she saiid it means sensuality
- Actually, Morton’s toe is one of a constellation of signs related to schizophrenia, as outlined in the book “Surviving Schizophrenia” by E. Fuller Torrey. The other signs are: low set ears, double helix on top of the head, extremely fine hair (and a bunch of others, a list of about 8). The more signs you have, the more likely you are to be schizophrenic. My brother has Morton’s toe, along with the ears and hair, and he was diagnosed three years ago. My toes are the same size, although I do have small bunions.
- what about a really small pinkie toe with almost no toenail?
- My middle toe is shorter than my second and fourth toes (the toes to either side of it)…. I’ve never seen anyone with the same thing. I’M A FREAK!!!! :p Does anyone else have this, or know of someone who does?
- i have masssssssssive second toe my gf luvs suckin it
- according to my foot doctor, people whose second toe is longer than their big toe have that is called a Morton’s Foot, one that is more susceptible to Morton’s Neuroma.
- my 2nd toes are 1.5cm bigger than my ‘big toes’. my sister calls them my finger toes! wonder if the guiness world record has a longest 2nd toe section, i reckon im in with a chance 🙂
- Mine and my husbands 2nd toes are longer than our big toes on both feet!! We are definitely soul mates for sure! Under cultural associations on Morton’s toe website it says it has been called the Greek foot and has often been associated with royalty, particularly during the rule of the Ptolemaic dynasty when Egypt was under Greek rulership. It was an idealized form in Greek sculpture, and this persisted as an aesthetic standard through Roman Renaissance periods and later the Statue of Liberty has toes of this proportion.
- All these so-called studies cracked me up! It says longer second toe means royalty, or native American heritage, or Greek, or Celtic. Or whatever. I’m a 100% Chinese. Both of my second toes are longer than the firsts, my right second toe is the longest. What does this make me? Let me tell you this: not all Asians have slanted eyes. Look at Taylor Swift’s eyes. I don’t think she has an once of Asian genes at all.
- Your toe size is genetic. Don’t worry about it. I wear closed-toe sandals and love them. Your toes are covered.
- i beleive that other toes other than egyptian foot is a cause of physical defect
- Having second toe longer than the thumb isn’t as bad as having 4th toe shorter than pinky!!!!! U guys still hav good feet not like mine. My 4th toe is short n raised up it looks creepy. Readin these coments made me feel that im not de only 1 with freaky feet no offense. But it bugs me alot even thogh i try hard to accept it.
- Yes i have it to. On my left feet. It is freakingly raised up n i am always concerned if ppl notice,well they do. Hmm my frend said its sumthin bout luck…idk but its really embarrassing but i am gonna hav to liv with it ….its very rare i guess.
- My 4th toe of left feet is shorter than pinky toe. It is raised up n looks sooo freaky i am always worried if any1 notices n ppl do. Does it hav somethin to do with luck???
- freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaks. it’s called the BIG toe for a reason..
- KC On both of my feet, my second “Captain of the Toes” (Seinfeld) toe is slightly longer than the big toe. However, it is so slight a difference in length, I did not really notice it until recently, when my physician commented upon it as “Morton’s Toe” Syndrome. I am very interested in hearing from anyone out there who can document a connectivity between this quirk in the toes and physical pain, such as arthritis and other rheumatoid conditions. I don’t pretend to be able to document said connexity, but I believe it exists.
- Like many people have already shared, I too, had much insecurity of my feet growing up. My second digit is longer than my great toe by a centimeter, with my third digit coming in a close second in length. I also have long feet for my height… I wear a size 10.5-11 in women’s at a height of 5’4″. I have been told I am somewhat “flat-footed” and am curious if anyone else here is also.
- I have extremely long second toes but I try not to let it get me down. I was even on a sports team for a semester in college!
- My second toe on my right foot is exactly the same length as My big toe, for years I’ve stayed away from wearing sandals and secondary school at swim class was a nightmare, am glad I’m not alone just look as celeb mags to see everyones feet look different it’s taken me years to accept it but can now go out in a decent pair of sandals and not feel just as bad!
- My second toe is slightly shorter than my big toe. Both my parents and brother have longer second toes. My little toe is quite strong looking, it’s almost as big as the fourth toe. Does anyone know what theat means?
- My second toe is the longest about a cm longer than the big toe. My third toe is the next longest and then my big toe. I was also embarassed to go out with sandals and flip flops because i thought my feet were weeeeird. But I guess i’m not the only one with longer second toe. My mom is Mexican but she told me that her father was Greek and i read somewhere that Morton’s toe is mainly in Greeks, Egyptians, Italians and Celtic and other places in Europe. I found that if I just keep my toe nails cut and painted they don’t look too bad. (: (:
- my second toe is the longest and I hate how it looks in open shoes….so far I haven’t had foot problems and I also have an extra high arch…maybe my first toe is just stunted in growth…..the others look right
- I was a little paranoid about my toes but after reading these comments I don’t feel so weird now. These comments are absolutely hiliarious. I had to stop and grab kleenix because I was crying from laughing so hard. My big toe is the longest and the rest of my toes get smaller as you go down the line. My sister use to tease me calling me “steeple toes”. When you look at my feet my toes slant upward in the shape of a steeple. It’s kinda of bizarre but shoes don’t hurt my feet. I feel sorry for the boy who wears the size 13 shoe. I say just accept it. It is what it is. Thanks for the site and all the comments. I feel alot better now.
- i think all the ladies will back me up here when i say that it’s not the size of your second toe that matters, it’s how you use it
- My feet are like backwards. My pinky toe is the longest, then they get progessuvely shorter to my big toe which is the shortest. For that reason i can only wear sandals. Does anyone know anyone who makes special ski boots for unusual feet?
- my feet look like mans feet! I’m a woman
- my third toe is a monstrous 3 inches long, and its the longest by far
- Puffy little toes which curve inward a bit are very sexy, and nice to nibble.
- who would like to tickel the Wolfmans Toes ?
- i used to hate my second toe as it was the longest until i realized that it meant creativity
- I feel ya on that one. I HAVE ugly flinstone looking feet, i wish everyday i had the means to get it operated on but i dont know where to start or how much it would cost. Other than that im very normal, i thought i was the only one in the world with this problem.
- not sure how small your other toes are from your big one but my 2nd toe is only 1 inch if that long, and the rest and short looking. It sucks!!! wish i knew if it could be fixed ..other than that im the most normal person ever.
- I would be really good back in the flinstone age, my feet are flat, my 2nd short, 1 inch …if that..they are all short and fat…(stumpy lookin) the pinky toes keep callouses on them.I hate summer time, i am very self conscious and feel very abnormal in that way.other than that im a normal person with one HUGE hangup! I get sad about it wishing everyday that i could get it fixed and just see what it would be like to be like everyone else, not ashamed and embarassed, it really works on your self esteem. I dont know if there is anyone that could fix my problem, or how expensive it would be, I would work 3 jobs just to pay for it..its sad but there are alot of shallow people out there that judge for something God gave me, i feel like it could be a whole lot worse !!!
- My feet are very wide and short. The second toe is slightly longer than the first with the bent 4th toe and the short pointy pinky toe. I used to think they were wierd until I noticed on my x-rays that the bone at the base of the big toe was square and questioned my foot doctor if I had a deformity since it didn’t match the model I was holding. He showed me a chart with drawings of celt and saxon feet and the bone differences. It showed mine exactly as a saxon foot and explained that a saxon foot would have the second toe either the same length or longer with the 4th toe joint at an angle as normal. I am now sure that if I were able to travel to eastern europe or Italy, that I would finally be able to find shoes that fit. I now call it Cinderella syndrome as It it is now clearer that the prince was a saxon looking for a mate in a celtic country. It also explains why the step sisters did not fit in her shoes. Before you start hating your feet, consider that the masters all painted and sculpted feet like yours as so perfect that they were angelic or even godly.
- all those supposed “facts” about the second toe, are just myths spread by and told to people with a bigger second toe to make them feel more comfortable with it, and not feel like freaks. im man and i have a bigger first toe. i like feets and i hate it when a woman has a bigger 2nd toe.
- My second toes are longer than my big toes.
- My big toe is a little longer than my 2nd toe. I like the way it looks. My big toe curves outwards (towards my other toes), my second toe curves towards my 3rd, and my 4th curves towards my 3rd, and my pinky toe is pretty much straight. Hahah..
- “I will never date a girl with long big toes” Herm, toe envy?
- I believe I have “normal” toes…they go from big to small as toes should. I view a longer second toe as a deformity and on a woman it is just plain unsightly! During Summer months when my toes are exposed I get compliments on them quite often…convincing me further that toes going frm large to small are, if not normal, certainly most appealing. Whatever a persons toe length is, whats most important is trimmed nails and clean feet!
- that it’s a condition but I’m the same… Apparently it is a recessive gene, seen a lot of comments saying that the dominant gene is the 2nd toe being longer. The odd thing is though that you get lots of blue-eyed people (blue eyes being recessive) but I rarely ever see people with the big toe being longer, or at least significantly longer.
- My 2nd toe is a finger-width shorter than my big toe… My mother’s the same, brother and sister have similar but the difference in big toe and 2nd toe isn’t as much. My father’s 1st and 2nd toe size are the same. I only ever seem to notice that other people have 2nd toes longer than the big toe, or at least the same size, but I’ve never seen anyone else with 2nd toes smaller than a big toe
- ben has disgusting feet. his second and third toe are bigger then his first. it makes me wanna puke. it grosses me out. and he says it makes him “smart” and “roman royalty” PURE LIES. love- his girlfriend 🙂
- my boyfriend has weird feet. they creep me out. i have normal feet
- My feet are weird my big toes are much longer than the rest of my toes, i have no idea what can cause this . I hate my feet i get very embarraced when i go swimming. is there anyone out there that can tell me what my condition might be.
- i thought i was the only one out there that had the second toe being longer than the first toe until i looked it up today all i can say is that im so happy that there is people out there just like me and i dont mind showing my toe’s off with a nice pair of sandals neither
- i love that my second toe is longer than my big toe. i thought it was normal to have your second toe bigger than your big toe, but i was wrong when my bf pointed it out. i dont care, i still think its way more sexy having your second toe longer than your big toe than having your big toe longer than the rest.
- my big toe is soo big compared to my other toes 🙁 i never wear sandals cuz im soo embarrased 🙁
- Is your husband’s first toe also shorter? Should husband and wife have similar toes i.e. if first is bigger both should have first bigger or if second is bigger both should have second bigger; else it leads to problems in partnership? Is this true? It is my observation that if this is not the case then there are problems in marriage life specially of temporary separation.
- I have, for many many years harboured embarrasment and shame about my “ugly” feet. I have been researching the internet a lot lately and read with interest comments from many people with Morton’s toe (longer 2nd toe than first toe) and how most of them dislike their feet because of this. In my case I have a longer 2nd toe on right foot – then my left foot has a normal length 2nd toe (slightly shorter than big toe) but the third toe is longer than the 2nd toe. I’m not sure if the 2nd toe on my left foot is just stunted and other than that both feet would be the same (third toes on both feet are the same length), but my left foot looks odd because of the shorter 2nd toe, then the third longer toe. Does anyone else have this weird configurationn of toes??? I am considering surgery to shorten the 3rd toe on left foot, and 2nd and 3rd on right foot. It’s not vanity by the way…. I just think that if it’s possible to correct this anomoly then why not?? I forgot to mention, that because of the longer toes not fitting into shoes well, they have become bent(Hammer toe)- which causes the joint/knuckle to rub against the inside of my shoes which is painful – sometimes the skin rubs off or blisters. Any (sensible) comments or opinions from fellow sufferers out there??
- If you can spread your toes out it means that you have hypermobility which means the ligaments are looser or lax. This is a common trait in people with Morton’s toe (2nd toe longer than first)l If fact the first toe is not shorter – it’s just that the first metatarsal bone is shorter (the bone inside which the toe is attached to which you cannot see). Therefore it makes the toe seem shorter. If it was starting higher up the big toe would not appear short at all. I have this type of foot – and yes – I also hate it…. and my toes can spread out like you. Not sure what to do about it…. I’m self conscious when I wear bare feet or sandals. Have considered surgery but a bit scared… and my husband says they’re not that bad. Maybe will go ahead with surgery…as mine are quite unattractive in other ways as well.
- i can’t believe all these second-toe-longer folks talking about their toe insecurities! i always felt freakish because my big toe is LONGER than all my others, by at least a centimeter. i’m over it now, but it’s interesting to think of all those years in public school hiding my feet, and maybe some people whose feet i wished i had were feeling the same shame. it just goes to show, sometimes ya just gotta learn to love what you have.
- My Big toe is much bigger than the second one…my foot looks as though the other toes just stopped growing at some point and the big ones are standing tall:) My feet are quite slim and long because of the forementioned toes, so I have to wear a bigger size shoes just to fit them in:) heheh, a very funny theme, indeed!
- i used to model for grattons catalogue and they loved it because they thought it was sexy
- i heard if your second toe is longer than your big toe; it means you always have food on the table.
- All my toes are pretty long, even my pinky toe. My second toe is about a millimeter shorter than my big toe though.
- star well my thrid and fourth are the same length.. that really sucks.. i care about them too
- star my third and fourth toe are the same size… is that normal?? I hate it ….
- I have read that the statue of liberty also has a longer second toe.
- my second big toe has caused problems as i slipped down the stairs and it folded under i think i snapped it sooooooooooo painful, but on a good day they look good compared with some peoples toes, in the summer just look and compare with other peoples in their sandels and flip flops ,while waiting in q’s some real bad sightssssss
- my toes are strande its a man toe thing
- Okay- there wasn’t an option for having a thrid toe that is longer than your big or second toe. I feel discriminated against! No really, I have only met two others with toes like mine, and they were sisters who didn’t care about their toes and thought I was being silly for caring. I have been told that having your third toe be the longest means you have psychic powers.
- Actually having a second toe longer than the first means you have Viking ancestry.
- I didn’t realize my 2nd toe was bigger until my mother pointed it out. So I started looking at other peoples feet and some people have it, some don’t. I think it looks normal but maybe that’s because it has been this way for me for a while 🙂
- The tip of the big toe is the area of the brain in all the types of reflexology that I’ve studied. If the big toe is dominant to the 2nd toe, it would make more sense that it shows potential for strong intelligence, and possibly leadership ability. However, the 2nd toe may show more ‘heart intelligence’ (this isn’t a scientific fact or anything, just my theory). The 2 being the same size, long and straight, may show one who would make a good leader, intelligent but also compassionate.
- Ok well I just found out that my toe issue is called Morton’s toes, and I have an added abnormality, my toes are odd any way you look at them but the first knuckle of my first,second and third toes bend extra well, hence the nickname my family game me of “monkey toes” I seem to be able to pick things up with them easily and can almost write with them, so if I ever loose my arms at least I have my ugly “monkey toes”. I am reminded of a poem, ” Your a poet and didn’t know it, but your feet show it Longfellow’s” which actually rings true for me because I am a poetess, and I think G-d gave me the toe’s I have in case I ever loose my hands, so I could still write poetry.
- my mum and stepdad are always arguing about my mum’s feet, yes, she’s got a longer 2nd toe. So here i am wasting my time reaserching the meaning of abigger 2nd toe and i came up with loads, some said it was a sign of intelegance or a sign that you’re a retard…. :/ anyway, my side of the story is…A TOE IS A TOE!
- 4TH TOE SHORTER THAN PINKY TOE ????
- my second toe is just under 2cm longer than my big toe. I too can spread them like fingers. I spent my life until the age of 25 hiding them away asi was ashamed but now don’t reall care. Although my right foot is a shoe size longer than the left doe to the second toe being even longer on the right foor than on the left foot. I like to think i am unique!!
- My mom said that if your second toe is longer than your first, you have control over your husband! 🙂
- i always heard if your 2nd toe was longer it shows intellegence, i have no clue but i sure think so
- yeah, my second toe is about 1 cm longer than my big toe, however the wierd thing is that i can spread my toes out like the fingers on my hand. so as wierd as it sounds i have a foot span of 13 cm (from big toe to little toe) any thoughts?.?.?.?
- A big toe that is shorter than the second toe is the best indicator that the father will die younger than the mother.
- My entire family, from my Grandfather down have a 2nd toe longer than the bid toe. It’s the first thing we look for whenever a new baby is born on this side of the family.
- My big toe and 2nd toe are the same length, but my other three toes curl in on each other! I have noticed the dominance thing is true, but the intelligence and artisticnes thing is a load of rubbish.
- Has anyone thought of the fact that our Big toe IS hinged farther back than the second toe? If it was hinged farther forward on the foot as the rest of the toes are how would that make our second toes look? Just look at how the foot is designed.
- A longer second toe must be a sign of intelligence, as I have one!
Here are more comments from some of the voters to the toe length poll.
- Me and my friend have been arguing about big second toes and he thinks its weird but his 1st big toe is abnormal it is way to big for his foot but my toe looks like a finger sticking out above the rest of my toes this makes me not want to wear sandals i feel bad and also his big toe makes an imprint when he wears sneakers it literally sticks out like a sore thumb. I want everyone that has a second big toe to know that if you have one like my self that it is ok and we should be proud to be closer to monkey than the rest of people. unlike having a “big” toe we should show our monkey toes more often. Stay strong MONKEY TOED PEOPLE
- Hi! I also have my second toe as my longest, and was wondering about what it meant and what (if there was one) the condition was. Stumbling along through the comments, I came across everything from royalty, to smartness….(although I am a gifted student!) My mom wanted to find out as well….and now I don’t know what to say (heh!) I never really noticed my toes, or cared much…don’t ask me why J! Anyway, Morton’s Toe seems to make sense…Athena’s foot looks interesting too! Some of the comments are really funny…hope I can find out what my toe is trying to tell me!
- My Big toe and 2nd toe are the same length, but I do like the look of the longer second toe. Although I know this longer toe may suffer some afflictions such as corns or calluses, I still find it a unique “toe style”. I had a couple of cool high school friends with Morton’s Toe, and one of them took off his shoe during class and wiggled the toes of his socked foot. I guess the new shoe really bothered his toe because he seemed so relived afterwards.
- Hi fellow toe losers. my second toe on my left foot is 2 inches longer then my big toe… what does this mean??? i’m worried. but on my right foot all of my toes are stubby and fat AND chubby and just about the same exact length as each other. i hate it! my nick name is peetie peetie with the weirdy feetie. it hurts my feelings… and my names not even Pete. i’m a girl!
- Ok, then we heard all about the second toe being the most significant. But how many people have the first toe really longer than all the rest – and what is the meaning of this. My First toe is 3/4″ longer than all the rest, but my hands are normal. When I say big toe, I really mean BIG toe! I would love to hear comments from others who have the same.
- I enjoy looking at feet both men’s and women’s. They are beautiful. I think a longer second toe on a mans foot is quite studly. Hair on his feet is even better. I might be an exception but there is a correlation between size of feet and height. I wear a size 10D shoe/boot on a 5 foot 6 inch frame. It would be nice to be taller and have the bigger feet that comes with it. What about a
correlation between the size of feet and their stink, their smell. Maybe I have a stink complex, but when I shower, I usually don’t wash my feet.
- ummm my 2nd toe is longer than my 1st toe.But my feet are cute….yeah i no weird ooo yeah as for the freak who said people with longer 2nd toes are freaks ummm your mean and i don’t like you personally that’s a stupid immature comment to make. BUT to all of my fellow “Athenas” love your feet. and its Normal there isn’t just one kind of foot
- My 2nd is longer than the big toe. I’m a Taiwanese. Now I’m all curious about finding who has longer 2nd toe. Maybe it’s more common than we thought among all races. If it’s said /3 of population have that, probably just toes are different in length…so why there is a perception we are more bossy, bias.
- Sadly, you poor, poor peasants have it backwards. The shorter second toe is the sign of regal ancestry. That’s why all the women in Italy have longer second toes, and why all the people everywhere — other than us regal types — have longer second toes. I understand there’s a new makeover show on TV next season where unfortunates will go to plastic surgeons to have their second toes shortened.
- I have found something interesting that almost all the beauties have longer second toes, but wait a minute, the difference between a longer second toe and a shorter big toe should be less than 0.5 centimetres, if it’s not so, it would be even “worse”. This is survey based on 1,000+ pictures of beauties around the world(mainly female celebrities with stunning beauty, for example Melissa Theuriau, while Elizabeth Hurley is not in this group), anyone who get interested on this can do some research either and prove my hypothesis.
- I also have a longer second toe on both feet and have heard that you are from royalty, are creative and are a strong smart individual … I am from Italian (and Sicilian) decent so my ancestry may be a mix of many countries which invaded Sicily … I have other traits which I have been told come from being of royal blood. I do know that I am very creative and a pretty strong person … I have heard that my mother had royalty in her family way back. My father had a longer second toe and he was a brilliant man, very creative and very strong. (I certainly am not as smart as my dad). I don’t remember if my mother had a longer second toe but I do know I am the only child that has this trait. All I know is it is great for a toe ring … very sexy!
- I remember watching the ‘Tonight’ programme on BBC T.V. back in the 60s when Cliff Mitchelmore had a piece about long middle toes being something to do
with Celtic origins – I just tell everyone who scoffs at MY feet that I’m a Celtic princess!!!
- In reading the comments, it would appear that many people, regardless of their toe length, do not know how to SPELL! Perhaps it would be better if they apply their minds to improvement of their communication skills as opposed to the length of their toes.
- I was startled to read about all the people made to feel bad about their longer second toes because for me it was the reverse. When I learned to swim, I was the only kid in the class with a shorter second toe. I was teased mercilessly. I had always assumed that my toes were very unusual since the way women’s shoes are tapered (pointy in the middle, not on the side) suggested to me that most women have longer second or third toes. I’m glad that I’m not alone (even if still in the minority, at least according to this survey) although I wish I could find some shoes designed for people with my foot shape. However, let’s stop with the pseudo-evolution discussion. I’m sick of all the comments about people being “more evolved” or “less evolved”: all they prove is that the authors lack a basic education in biology. Evolution has nothing to do with progress or superiority but simply with adaptation of an organism to a specific environment. Within any species, there is a considerable amount of variation in certain traits, and this variation will remain if it does not impact on the ability of organisms to reproduce.
- My big toe (hallux) is about an inch longer than the second, and it is rare that I have seen anyone with this configuration. It’s great for sprinting (and I’m told skiing), but sometimes it is very vulnerable to injury being so far out there. I am interested in knowing/seeing if anyone else has the same large big toe thing going on.
- For me, in this era of flip-flops, the sight of a young athlete with a longer second toe is absolutely adorable!
- Hi I’m Welsh and my second toe is bigger than my big toe. What’s the real history behind it?
- I heard a researcher on a nutritional tape say that having your second toe longer than your big toe was a genetic marker for people who cannot use vitamin B6 at pyridoxine … they have to take a form of B6 called Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate.
I was trying to verify this information.
- I have royalty toe too it gives me delusions of grandeur and makes me
irresistible to women.
- It’s actually called “Second Toe Syndrome” and has only to do with aesthetics. A female foot is generally considered not very attractive when the second toe is longer then the big toe.
- I have a shorter big toe; and I was always told that means that i have the
- My toes are as long as my fingers, I love my long toes, and you know what they say about long feet or toes, your long in other places too
- I believe evolution is a myth, so those comments don’t hold water with me.
I think a longer big toe makes feet more attractive than feet with the second toe longer. I’ve read that having a longer big toe was called “roman toe atavism”. Having a longer second toe was called “greek toe atavism” (like Athena).
- Hi, I have double jointed toes – like most people only have one joint in their toes but I have two. My toes are pretty long and I think that’s why – Is this totally abnormal?
- Hi, I saw somewhere where it said having a longer second toe was a “deformity!” What a laugh. LOTS of people have second toes that are longer than their big toe! I don’t have any problems with my feet. Having a longer second toe is cool.
- I’m checking out this survey with my 7th grade teacher and after a bit of anxiety about it at first, I now see my longer second phalange as an object of beauty.
- longer second toes are far more attractive … than when you have a large big toe and the rest smaller … Attracted to chicks with longer second toe.
- I’m from New Zealand and almost everyone I know has a bigger second toe, so to the person who called the people with longer second toes freaks…. I think that would be a bit rich coming from you, don’t you think???
- This makes for a great game of footsy with your mate=)
- I’m AJ and I have always had I big 2nd toe but the other day I went to a toe doctor or what ever they are called and he said he’s never seen a toe so long. He said if it wasn’t for my age then I should be in surgery straight away. I’m sixteen and my mates think its awesome but should I be worried? Its a surgery where they take a bone out of your toe to shorten it. It curls up like a claw but I just read they comments on your we page and thought I just email you.
- I also have this abnormal small big toe, and won’t expose it. Like in one of the other comments I won’t wear sandals in the summer, it is really annoying, people probably wouldn’t even notice it’s just my own insecurity. I am glad I am not the only one who feels like this, if it helps it actually has a medical name of Mortons Toe. Shilpa Shetty off of Celebrity big brother also has this condition.
- Hey dude, I’m 100% Hungarian, my 2nd toes are longer too and I’m a freak.
So I guess you were right about it. hehe … ohh my God!
- I’m also blessed with the longer second toe; Morton’s Toe. I’ve researched it quite a bit for fun and can tell you that the only prominent statue in the Unites States; the Statue of Liberty, was designed with a longer second toe. The French believe it to be a sign of intelligence. The guy with Egyptian roots should also know that Cleopatra’s statue is depicted with a longer second toe. It is a dominant trait, and may be a sign of power, intelligence, or aristocratic descent. I am directly descended from the Lee and Lightfoot families of Virginia who were and still are very prominent. The name I carry is also the name of mane cities and signed on the United States’ Declaration of Independence. My Father is surely descended from the Celts of Britain, our genealogy states we resided in England, before the Duke of Normandy arrived and the invasion of the Saxons.
- My second toe is longer, so is my husbands and also my 15 year old daughter – she really hates it! Yesterday when she was doing ballet on pointe, she said it was hurting to her ballet teacher, but she said just carry on!
Last night, her whole toenail fell off! It is very sore now…
- Michelangelo’s David has a second toe as the longest. Perfection.
- I too have a longer second toe than my big toe and have been ridiculed all my life about it. I never wore sandals and would never let anyone see my feet. Now that I am older and know that this condition (Morton’s toe) is very very common and I go barefoot all the time!
- I have long toes with the second one being longer than my big toe. My father said it would help me climb trees. The long toes help for picking up things you drop on the floor – a pen, the remote, a kitten.
- The digital ratio for the foot is 2,1,3,4,5 therefore it is completely
normal for the 2nd digit to be longer than the others. So anyone who
with the 2nd digit being longer is actually completely normal!!!
- I have been teased all my life about my toes. My third (middle) toes on both feet are longest, especially the left. I read that only one percent of the population has this trait. I’d like to know what this might say about ethnic ancestry. I know some, but am missing other parts of my heritage. This trait skipped my sons, but has turned up in one of my granddaughters who has feet just like mine: narrow with the long middle toe. Her parents already have had to get her special shoes. BTW, I am left-footed, left-eyed, left-eared, but right-handed; I was “encouraged” to use my right hand in school.
- Both my second and third toes are longer than my big toes. I have always had a lot of stamina and endurance. I think my toes are elegant!
- My second toe is slightly longer on my left foot and a lot longer on my right. I do not know if there is any truth to any of what people say but I will acknowledge that I seem to be the one with the stronger personality in most situations.
- I will never date a girl with long big toes. To me that’s UGLY. I like equal length “big” and secong toes or very slightly longer second toes (like my own).
- Years ago, I was told by a Chinese woman that your father was symbolized by the big toe, mother, second toe, whichever was longer outlived the other.